Customs Law and export control, as well as a huge variety of further regulatory framework conditions, influence international trade significantly.
With offices in Bremen and Hamburg, Ahlers & Vogel is one of the few law firms which has been providing advice and representing trading companies and logistics service providers in this complex area of law for many years; covering preventive and compliance consulting, disputes with customs authorities and other institutions or criminal investigations and persecution.
Within the scope of consulting and judicial law as well as extrajudicial representation, particular areas we can provide assistance are:
- the customs law of the Union and its national elaboration
- the origin of goods and preferences
- the common customs tariff and the harmonised system
- the common market organisation of the Union, anti-dumping and anti-subsidy law
- prohibitions and limitations of cross-border trade and movement of services
- excise duty on national and Union level
- tariff law and criminal tax law
- criminal law and regulatory offences law of Union and national export control law
- value added tax (sales tax) incl. import sales tax and fiscal representation