Ahlers & Vogel continuously monitors the current situation and the recommendations of the authorities and the Robert Koch Institute. Our aim is to support the authorities in containing the epidemic by behaving in a responsible way. At the same time, we are working intensively to protect our employees and – as an equally important goal – to maintain our services for our clients in full. Particularly in these times, it is important that you can access the legal advice of Ahlers & Vogel reliably, quickly and comprehensively if necessary.
All lawyers and notaries are at your disposal as usual.
However, please note the following:
- We ask for your understanding that at present we will provide our legal services in writing, by telephone or video conference mainly.
- For the time being, personal meetings will only take place in exceptional cases.
- The same applies to business trips for attending meetings.
- EXCEPTED hereof are notarisation appointments of our notaries public. These must take place in the personal presence of the notary public and the parties and will continue to be carried out with certain hygiene precautions.
- When visiting our offices, please observe the instructions on the necessary hygiene measures.
- We will inform all clients for whom we are currently conducting litigation (before courts and arbitration tribunals) about current developments (e.g. cancellation or postponement of oral hearings, on-site appointments, taking of evidence with witnesses and/or experts, etc.) promptly. We will also provide information about current developments on our website (www.ahlers-vogel.de). If any such hearing dates are not adjourned by the courts, please inform us immediately if you become aware of certain circumstances that make a postponement necessary (e.g. witnesses and experts or other parties involved are not able to travel because of the need to travel by air or rail and/or because they are part of a high risk group of persons).
If you, for your part, require advice on the effects of the corona epidemic, e.g. on questions of labour or contract law, please get in touch with your known contacts at Ahlers & Vogel. We are constantly dealing with the questions that arise now and will be happy to help you!
We thank you for your support and understanding. We are sure that together we will master this difficult time!